Favorites List (11.23.18)
This article is for information only and doesn’t call for any action.
A double dose of links, recipes, podcasts and reading for the long weekend. Enjoy!
– The records John Lennon had in his jukebox (Spotify playlist)
– Reading: Hell’s Backbone Cafe (the New Yorker)
– Not just for Thanksgiving: Rancho Gordo New World Thanksgiving Recipes
– The Best Cookbooks of Fall 2018 (Eater)
– In Marrakesh, One Designer’s Adobe House Is as Colorful as Her Ceramics (NY Times)
– Donate: Chef José Andrés’ World Central Kitchen has served over 75,000 meals in communities impacted by Northern California wildfires.
– Listening to: Narcos playlist (Spotify)
– Sobbing in Starbucks (Eater)
– Movie Night: Kasama Infinity : Coming soon to streaming…
– Listening to: Nigella on Ottolenghi’s new podcast
– Reading: Little Fires Everywhere
– Lending: Kiva (101 Cookbooks Team – $439k! to date)
– Podcast: Sold in America (Noor Tagouri)
– Lanzhou, China hand-pulled noodle school
– A Grassroots Uprising in Amish Country Begins to Find Meaning in Politics
– Mumbai is a city of bread: From a Parsi chutney bread to a century-old ‘puriwala’
– “I Panic If I Don’t Have at Least 5 Jars of This Spicy Chili Crisp” (NY Mag / The Strategist)
-Inside a 17th-Century Portuguese and Japanese Cookbook, recipes for caramel, cake, and an early tempura (Atlas Obscura)
– Reading: Is the Second Farm Crisis Upon Us? (Civil Eats)
– Listening to: Mirah’s new album “Understanding” (streaming)
– Reading: What R.O. Kwon Can’t Live Without (NY Mag / The Strategist)